[Asterisk-video] sip/iax2 h.264 video?

Tyler Daniel tyler at rosette-research.com
Mon Dec 18 17:51:56 MST 2006

> What iax2 softphone are you using? Many iax2 softphones are based on
> iaxclient library and we're currently working on adding video to it.

Small world!  I was hired to build a simple softphone using iaxclient,
and currently have your working branch checked out.

> In theory it should work, except that IAX2 video codec negotiation is
> currently broken in Asterisk 1.4 series. We've patched our Asterisk
> to fix the issue, but it's just a dirty hack.

It's broken for all codecs?  That's not good.  My employers have had a
change of heart and decided that maybe another codec like h.263 would be
a safer choice, so I was just about to give that a try..

Thanks for all the work on iaxclient, it's at least making my life
easier! :)

Tyler