[asterisk-users] Memory leak

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Sat Jul 8 16:48:01 CDT 2023

On 7/8/2023 5:32 PM, Federico wrote:

> I am using Asterisk 16.30 inside Freepbx, with commercial modules,
> purchased from Sangoma and Symphony. After a few hours my memory usage
> reaches 900 GB, no kidding, in a box with 1 TB of RAM.  The question
> is: how can I determine what is causing the memory leak? Can somebody
> send me instructions to find out what module is killing my box?
> FreePBX is 100% updated.

There is some documentation on the wiki, here:
https://docs.asterisk.org/latest/Development/Debugging/Memory-Leak-Debugging/

The easiest way is recompile with MALLOC_DEBUG. You can then use "memory
show summary" to narrow it down to a module, and "memory show
allocations" to narrow it down to specific leaks.

  NA