[asterisk-users] Segmentation fault

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Fri Aug 18 11:47:47 CDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 7:48 PM Federico <federico at digitalipvoice.com>
wrote:

> I tested this issue with version 13 and version 18.
>
> In res_odbc.conf, if I add a second, new data source like
>

> [asterisk]
>
> enabled=yes
>
> dsn=asterisk
>
> sanitysql => select 1
>
> isolation => read_committed
>
> username=root
>
> ;password=
>
> pre-connect => yes
>
> forcecommit => yes
>
> connect_timeout => 10
>
> negative_connection_cache => 0
>
> max_connections =>500
>

> my odbc.ini
>
> [cdr]
>
> Description = MySQL ODBC Driver Testing
>
> Driver = maria
>
> Socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>
> User = root
>
> Password =
>
> Database = public
>
> Option = 3
>

> I  get, immediately, segmentation fault.
>
> With only one, it works fine.
>
> Is this by design?

There's nothing explicitly written to prevent such a thing within Asterisk
itself. There is no backtrace here so nothing to show where the crash
actually occurred, be it Asterisk itself or UnixODBC. If UnixODBC we're a
somewhat simple user of it, so specific configuration of it or its build
may be the source of it.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead