[asterisk-users] Segmentation fault

Mark Murawski markm-lists at intellasoft.net
Sat Aug 19 22:04:13 CDT 2023

Hi Federico,

Segfaults are 100% not by design.  Typically if something seg faulted,
either there is a logic bug or a component mismatch. The you should
definitely be able to use more than one connection (we use multiple
connections with postgres odbc with no issue).

If Asterisk segfaults when using odbc
Try this:
- use ps and get the pid of Asterisk
- run gdb, attach to the asterisk pid
- do something that would cause the seg fault
- get a backtrace (bt) and show all threads backtrace (thread apply all bt)

if Asterisk segfaults when starting up
Run Asterisk straight from gdb
Wait for segfault, get backtrace, and all threads backtrace