[asterisk-users] [External] Question on Originate with EarlyMedia

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Thu Sep 1 12:28:28 CDT 2022

Thank you.

May be a nice feature in the future to send an indication event when the call is answered.

The reason is if call A needs to be transferred to destination.
When calling the destination B (originate the call).
Some companies/departments play inband recordings instead of ringing.  We have a customer who plays “Your call will be recorded for legal purposes”.
Because call A needs to hear that message, we currently place both calls in a ConfBridge.  Call A now hears the recording.
If/when the call is really answered, we want to remove the calls from the ConfBridge and transfer A to B.  (Successful transfer removes call from Asterisk and patches them internally in their switch NEC, Cisco, Avaya, etc)

Currently, we require an agent to listen into the ConfBridge and decide when they believe it’s answered.
Agent kicks everyone from the ConfBridge and the REFER (transfer) is sent.
On some occasions the agent is incorrect or makes a mistake in doing this too soon, so the transfer fails.
At that point, add everyone back into the ConfBridge, waiting for the agent to decide when to retry.

Dan