[asterisk-users] Question on Originate with EarlyMedia

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Thu Sep 1 11:40:34 CDT 2022

On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 1:32 PM Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com> wrote:

> Using AMI, we send an Originate with EarlyMedia: true setting
>

> If the other end sends a 183, Asterisk
>
> When the 183 is received, Asterisk indicates the ChannelState: 6 and
> ChannelStateDesc: Up values.
>
> All is fine up to this point.
>

> It may take the caller several seconds before the called party answers.
>
> When the called party answers (200 OK received), in the debugging I see
> Asterisk processing this and debugging show TSX State: Terminated  Inv
> State: EARLY
>
> At this point, the call is truly connected.
>

> Is there a configuration setting to indicate whether Asterisk should send
> an event indicating when the early media ends and the call is really Up?

There is no option. The Originate code makes the channel appear as answered
when the 183 arrives, everything reflects that afterwards. Even if a second
answer occurs it gets ignored. The log message you refer to is internal
state information to do with the SIP side.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead