[asterisk-users] Question on Originate with EarlyMedia

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Thu Sep 1 11:31:18 CDT 2022

Using AMI, we send an Originate with EarlyMedia: true setting

If the other end sends a 183, Asterisk
When the 183 is received, Asterisk indicates the ChannelState: 6 and ChannelStateDesc: Up values.
All is fine up to this point.

It may take the caller several seconds before the called party answers.
When the called party answers (200 OK received), in the debugging I see Asterisk processing this and debugging show TSX State: Terminated  Inv State: EARLY
At this point, the call is truly connected.

Is there a configuration setting to indicate whether Asterisk should send an event indicating when the early media ends and the call is really Up?

Dan