[asterisk-users] Logging different verbosity levels

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Wed May 25 08:27:38 CDT 2022

On 5/25/2022 8:11 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 May 2022 at 01:12:46, Kevin Harwell wrote:
>
>> So this turned out more complicated than I originally thought!
> Wow, thank you very much for:
>
> a) such a comprehensive answer
>
> b) confirming my findings
>
> c) most of all, working out why and how all this stuff works (or, perhaps,
> doesn't).
>
> I wonder that nobody has discovered this before - do people not want selective
> logging levels in their dialplans?
If I want to log something from the dialplan, I generally send it to a custom log level, as opposed to one of the built in ones. That way, it's not combined with a bunch of other stuff from Asterisk itself that I generally don't want. This also allows filtering on specific custom log levels. Verbose gets used for so much that if something got logged there it would just get lost.