[asterisk-users] Logging different verbosity levels

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed May 25 09:41:46 CDT 2022

On Wednesday 25 May 2022 at 15:27:38, asterisk at phreaknet.org wrote:

> On 5/25/2022 8:11 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 May 2022 at 01:12:46, Kevin Harwell wrote:
> >> So this turned out more complicated than I originally thought!
> >
> > Wow, thank you very much for:
> >
> > a) such a comprehensive answer
> >
> > b) confirming my findings
> >
> > c) most of all, working out why and how all this stuff works (or,
> > perhaps, doesn't).
> >
> > I wonder that nobody has discovered this before - do people not want
> > selective logging levels in their dialplans?
>
> If I want to log something from the dialplan, I generally send it to a
> custom log level, as opposed to one of the built in ones.

How are you doing this?

> That way, it's not combined with a bunch of other stuff from Asterisk itself
> that I generally don't want. This also allows filtering on specific custom log
> levels. Verbose gets used for so much that if something got logged there
> it would just get lost.

Indeed - that was precisely my reasoning for wanting to use the different
Verbose(N,message) levels and corresponding log files - so that I could keep
specific things separate from each other.

Antony.

--
There's a good theatrical performance about puns on in the West End.  It's a
play on words.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.