[asterisk-users] Originate with label?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Aug 29 09:29:42 CDT 2022

On Monday 29 August 2022 at 16:19:17, Mark Murawski wrote:

> On 8/29/22 10:15, Antony Stone wrote:
> >> But!  What specific reason do you have for wanting Set() instead of
> >> MSet() for all assignments that can't be otherwise just written as an
> >> in-line Set() instead?
> >
> > I *am* currently writing inline Set() everywhere, but surely the syntax
> > "a=1;" instead of "Set(a=1);" is supposed to be one of the advantages of
> > AEL over standard Asterisk dialplan language?
>
> Hi Antony,
>
> Right... using a=1; one advantage of using AEL, so you don't have to
> type Set() everywhere... but what I'm trying to get at is... and my
> original question is:  what specific situation prevents you from using
> a=1; style syntax?  Why are you feeling the need to use Set(a=1) instead
> of a=1.  What are specific examples where the 'straight-assignment'
> isn't working for you?

I don't have any examples where MSet() ends up doing something I do not want,
but going by the documentation saying "avoid its use if possible", that's what
I prefer to do.

> Note: Make sure to use 'Reply All'.. I typically do a list reply and
> direct reply.

Okay, replying to you as well this time, but please don't do the same back to
me (see sig).

Antony.

--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.