[asterisk-users] Originate with label?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Aug 30 10:16:59 CDT 2022

On Monday 29 August 2022 at 16:29:42, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Monday 29 August 2022 at 16:19:17, Mark Murawski wrote:
>
> > what specific situation prevents you from using a=1; style syntax?  Why are
> > you feeling the need to use Set(a=1) instead of a=1.  What are specific
> > examples where the 'straight-assignment' isn't working for you?
>
> I don't have any examples where MSet() ends up doing something I do not
> want

I do now.

I use CDR UniqueIDs to track calls being processed through my system, so at
the start of a context where a call arrives, I assign the value to a variable
I can use later in the dialplan.

In /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf I have:

	; Prefix uniqueid with a system name for
	; Global uniqueness issues.
	autosystemname = yes

If I write in my AEL dialplan:

	Set(Tracker=${CDR(uniqueid)});

this results in executing:

	Set(Tracker=eagle.domain.com-1661872057.2349)

Just what I want.

However writing:

	Tracker=${CDR(uniqueid)};

results in:

	MSet(Tracker=-1661872057.2349)

systemname is missing.

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

 - Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.