[asterisk-users] Originate with label?

Mark Murawski markm-lists at intellasoft.net
Mon Aug 29 09:19:17 CDT 2022

On 8/29/22 10:15, Antony Stone wrote:
>> But!  What specific reason do you have for wanting Set() instead of
>> MSet() for all assignments that can't be otherwise just written as an
>> in-line Set() instead?
> I *am* currently writing inline Set() everywhere, but surely the syntax "a=1;"
> instead of "Set(a=1);" is supposed to be one of the advantages of AEL over
> standard Asterisk dialplan language?

Hi Antony,

Right... using a=1; one advantage of using AEL, so you don't have to
type Set() everywhere... but what I'm trying to get at is... and my
original question is:  what specific situation prevents you from using
a=1; style syntax?  Why are you feeling the need to use Set(a=1) instead
of a=1.  What are specific examples where the 'straight-assignment'
isn't working for you?

Note: Make sure to use 'Reply All'.. I typically do a list reply and
direct reply.