[asterisk-users] [External] [External] [External] Geo location 18.14.0-rc1 question

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Wed Aug 10 12:24:54 CDT 2022

Thank you George.

Looking forward to working with the changes.  I will retrieve them when the next release candidate comes out.

A quick question on using variables to pass custom Geo Location settings on via an AMI Originate.

If my AMI originate request looks something like this…
Action: Originate
Channel: PJSIP/1234 at 192.168.x.x
Exten: createcall
Context: mycontext
Timeout: 60000
CallerID: John Smith <8005551234>
Variable: _MY_GEO_COUNTRY=US,_MY_GEO_NATSUB=Florida,_MY_GEO_CITY=Orlando,_MY_GEO_HNO=100,_MY_GEO_RD=Main,_MY_GEO_STS=Street
Async: true

Do I need to program the location_variables in the profile like this?

[1]
type = profile
pidf_element = device
profile_action = discard_incoming
usage_rules = retransmission_allowed=yes
location_variables = country=${_MY_GEO_COUNTRY}
location_variables = A1=${_MY_GEO_NATIONAL_SUBDIVISION}
location_variables = A2=${_MY_GEO_NATSUB}
location_variables = A3=${_MY_GEO_CITY}
location_variables = HNO=${_MY_GEO_HNO}
location_variables = RD=${_MY_GEO_RD}
location_variables = STS=${_MY_GEO_STS}
location_variables = PC=${_MY_GEO_PC}

Or would I need to program the location_info_refinements in the profile to use those variables?

Dan