[asterisk-users] [External] [External] [External] Geo location 18.14.0-rc1 question

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Wed Aug 10 13:33:31 CDT 2022

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 11:25 AM Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com> wrote:

> Thank you George.
>

> Looking forward to working with the changes.  I will retrieve them when
> the next release candidate comes out.
>

> A quick question on using variables to pass custom Geo Location settings
> on via an AMI Originate.
>

> If my AMI originate request looks something like this…
>
> Action: Originate
>
> Channel: PJSIP/1234 at 192.168.x.x
>
> Exten: createcall
>
> Context: mycontext

> Timeout: 60000
>
> CallerID: John Smith <8005551234>
>
> Variable:
> _MY_GEO_COUNTRY=US,_MY_GEO_NATSUB=Florida,_MY_GEO_CITY=Orlando,_MY_GEO_HNO=100,_MY_GEO_RD=Main,_MY_GEO_STS=Street
>
> Async: true
>

> Do I need to program the location_variables in the profile like this?
>

> [1]
>
> type = profile
>
> pidf_element = device
>
> profile_action = discard_incoming
>
> usage_rules = retransmission_allowed=yes
>
> location_variables = country=${_MY_GEO_COUNTRY}
>
> location_variables = A1=${_MY_GEO_NATIONAL_SUBDIVISION}
>
> location_variables = A2=${_MY_GEO_NATSUB}
>
> location_variables = A3=${_MY_GEO_CITY}
>
> location_variables = HNO=${_MY_GEO_HNO}
>
> location_variables = RD=${_MY_GEO_RD}
>
> location_variables = STS=${_MY_GEO_STS}
>
> location_variables = PC=${_MY_GEO_PC}
>

> Or would I need to program the location_info_refinements in the profile to
> use those variables?

location_info_refinement is what you want.  location_variables defines *new*
variables to use in addition to those on the channel.  You'd use these if
you had variables that for some reason you didn't want on the channel
itself.

However...   The profile you defined above doesn't have a location
reference to refine so you'd need at least a dummy location with a format
of civicAddress.

[mylog]
type = location
format = civicAddress

Then in your profile...
[1]

type = profile

pidf_element = device

profile_action = discard_incoming

usage_rules = retransmission_allowed=yes
location_reference = myloc

location_variables = country=${_MY_GEO_COUNTRY}

location_variables = A1=${_MY_GEO_NATIONAL_SUBDIVISION}

You can also do this which might actually be faster...
[mylog]
type = location
format = civicAddress
location_info = country=${_MY_GEO_COUNTRY},
A1=${_MY_GEO_NATIONAL_SUBDIVISION}
location_info = A2=${_MY_GEO_NATSUB}, ...

[1]

type = profile

pidf_element = device

profile_action = discard_incoming

usage_rules = retransmission_allowed=yes
location_reference = myloc

This way you don't need to use location_info_refinement at all.
IIRC this saves having to parse location_info_refinement and bounce it
against
the original location_info which could be empty.