[asterisk-users] MWI with PJSIP - unsollicitated works fine, solicitated doesn't

Mike michael at virtutel.ca
Sun Nov 14 09:38:10 CST 2021

Hi,

Just  recently moved over from chan_sip to PJSIP and am slowly cleaning up
whatever needs to be.

I can't seem to make sollicitated MWI work, but unsollicitated works fine.

I got my phones subscribing to mailbox at context (i.e. 100 at whatever)

I have my related AOR entry (realtime, in a DB) set to
mailboxes=100 at whatever . I can see it is set properly by using the command
"pjsip show aor "

But when I turn pjsip logger on, I see messages from the phones
subscribing and SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized messages back.

If I put the same column in my realtime DB (mailboxes) for ENPOINT to the
same value (100 at whatever) then it works fine, MWI works on the phone.

For a few reasons I'd like to get MWI working in sollicitated mode
instead.  Is there a trick to it?

I upgraded to Asterisk 18.8.0 just to see if a later patch fixed anything,
so I am current.

Michael