[asterisk-users] Asterisk 18.0.0 Now Available

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Oct 21 05:49:46 CDT 2020

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 7:46 AM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On 20.10.20 at 14:00 Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> > The Asterisk Development Team would like to announce the release of
> Asterisk 18.0.0.
> > This release is available for immediate download at
> > https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk
>
> I just tested the new codec negotiation feature and unfortunately wasn't
> able to get it working as expected. I tried several configurations - but
> none has been working - the result
> has always been the same.

This is expected right now. Foundational aspects were put in, but there is
still work to be done for PJSIP which will land in a future release. The
complexity of it and the investigation of how things work, interactions,
etc took considerably longer than expected. If there's specific scenarios
that you'd like to ensure are met you can reach out on the asterisk-dev
mailing list and George Joseph will add them to the list if not already
present. Even just from AstriDevCon there were some things that individuals
brought up.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead