[asterisk-users] Asterisk 18.0.0 Now Available

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Wed Oct 21 05:45:58 CDT 2020

Hello!

On 20.10.20 at 14:00 Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> The Asterisk Development Team would like to announce the release of Asterisk 18.0.0.
> This release is available for immediate download at
> https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk

I just tested the new codec negotiation feature and unfortunately wasn't able to get it working as expected. I tried several configurations - but none has been working - the result
has always been the same.

Use case:
Alice calls Bob - sends INVITE 			G722 / alaw / ulaw

Configured in Asterisk for this device: 	G722 / alaw / ulaw / gsm