[asterisk-users] Asterisk 18.0.0 Now Available

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Wed Oct 21 06:48:10 CDT 2020

On 21.10.20 at 12:49 Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 7:46 AM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> On 20.10.20 at 14:00 Asterisk Development Team wrote:
>>> The Asterisk Development Team would like to announce the release of
>> Asterisk 18.0.0.
>>> This release is available for immediate download at
>>> https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk
>>
>> I just tested the new codec negotiation feature and unfortunately wasn't
>> able to get it working as expected. I tried several configurations - but
>> none has been working - the result
>> has always been the same.
>>

> This is expected right now. Foundational aspects were put in, but there is
> still work to be done for PJSIP which will land in a future release.

Oh - thanks for the information - I missed this :-(. How do I know if this feature is finally enabled? Will it be in asterisk 18 - or will it come in some later major version?

> The
> complexity of it and the investigation of how things work, interactions,
> etc took considerably longer than expected. If there's specific scenarios
> that you'd like to ensure are met you can reach out on the asterisk-dev
> mailing list and George Joseph will add them to the list if not already
> present.

Well, I think the scenario I have should be a very easy and basic scenario. I already discussed it in the past. Therefore I think it's not necessary to add it again.

Thanks
Michael