[asterisk-users] problem with logger: syslog vs. file

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jun 3 14:21:43 CDT 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:

>> On 2020-06-03 17:21, Steve Edwards wrote:
>>
>> How about:
>>
>>          syslog.local0                   = error,verbose,warning
>>
>> no debugging detail.
>>
>>          syslog.local0                   = debug,error,verbose,warning
>>
>> include debugging detail.
>
> currently, the above has no effect on logging.

Sorry. I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't implying that the feature had
already been implemented. I was replying to Tony's question 'should it be
a configuration option in logger.conf whether they include or omit? if so,
what should the default be, if not specified in logger.conf?'

I'm suggesting that if the 'debug' log level is specified, the debug
detail (function name and line) should be included. Otherwise, not.

The 'debug' log level is 'already there' and it seems reasonable to me
that if I'm deep enough into logging that I want debug level log messages
that I'm probably also interested in logging debug details.

--
Thanks in advance,