[asterisk-users] Paging systems?

John Novack jnovack at comcast.net
Thu Mar 21 19:12:26 CDT 2019

All you need then is a loop start trunk port. Any SIP ATA designed to connect to an ANALOG PSTN line.

The doc you sent doesn't show any rj11, so someone probably installed one to the first pair out of the 25 pair cable, blue/white

If you were to plug any old phone into that you should at least hear a live connection and dial tone from the box

You will need to send dtmf tones to the box for specific zones, or all call. That may be one reason you think but don't get an "auto answer" IF you are using an FXO ATA then it is sitting there waiting for some DTMF digits 1-9 for the zones, and zero for all call

This is also a "talk back" system. Does the customer expect to use the talk back feature?

You will need to put that into your dialplan

All easy to do in Asterisk

Similar but quite different than what I have. I announce incoming call numbers through the system, as well as quarterly time announcements through call files and a cron job. I use an FXO port off a channel bank, but an ATA with an FXO port should do the trick

Enjoy

John Novack

--
Dog is my Co-Pilot