[asterisk-users] Paging systems?

Michael Munger mj at hph.io
Thu Mar 21 18:33:12 CDT 2019

Excellent point.

This is it: https://www.valcom.com/pdf/v-1109rthf.pdf

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 7:22 PM -0400, "John Novack" <jnovack at comcast.net<mailto:jnovack at comcast.net>> wrote:

Michael Munger wrote:
Does anyone have an (overhead) paging system that they like that works with SIP?

We’ve got a client with an old paging system that (supposedly) just takes an rj11 POTS connection, but when we put an SPA Cisco adapter on it, it doesn’t auto-answer the call, so paging never happens.

Does it expect to see a POTS line with battery on it?
Then a Cisco or other ATA that would work to supply service to a POTS phone should work
OR:
Does it expect to see a POTS connection from a PBX trunk, and supply battery TO the trunk?
Then you would need a Cisco or other ATA with an FXO connection.

Both types of paging systems have been made and both styles of connections have existed through the last 30 + years, and since you haven't revealed the brand and model of paging system it makes troubleshooting difficult.
Using the existing system can be made to work
I use a very old Harris PagePak VS that was used with a Western Electric Horizon system back in the dark ages with Asterisk

John Novack

--
Dog is my Co-Pilot