[asterisk-users] Usage of AMI and ARI at the same time

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jun 13 04:04:44 CDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019, at 5:05 AM, Jöran Vinzens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are about to migrate a system that is using AMI at the moment.
> We want to shift everything from AMI to ARI step by step so both the
> manager interface and the REST interface have to receive all events.
>
> Our idea is to create our own "dial" app in AMI in order to control the
> channels and bridge. The DTMF events should be consumed by AMI in order
> to provide features during the call. If the AMI stopped receiving the
> DTMF events (just for example) while using ARI to establish the call we
> would loose the features we have at the moment.
>
> So the question is: if i control a call using ARI does AMI keep
> receiving all the events like it would using the App_Dial?

Most events are common and thus generally published by the core. The higher level stuff just informs it of what is going on and it then takes care of the rest. ARI should behave the same way in regards to generation of them for dialing and other things.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer