[asterisk-users] Usage of AMI and ARI at the same time

Jöran Vinzens vinzens at sipgate.de
Thu Jun 13 03:04:09 CDT 2019

Hi all,

We are about to migrate a system that is using AMI at the moment.
We want to shift everything from AMI to ARI step by step so both the
manager interface and the REST interface have to receive all events.

Our idea is to create our own "dial" app in AMI in order to control the
channels and bridge. The DTMF events should be consumed by AMI in order to
provide features during the call. If the AMI stopped receiving the DTMF
events (just for example) while using ARI to establish the call we would
loose the features we have at the moment.

So the question is: if i control a call using ARI does AMI keep receiving
all the events like it would using the App_Dial?

Jöran Vinzens - vinzens at sipgate.de

sipgate GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois
Steuernummer: 106/5724/7147, Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE219349391

www.sipgate.de - www.sipgate.co.uk