[asterisk-users] Early Media Issue

Mark Farmer farmorg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 08:14:58 CDT 2019

Hi all

I've got an issue where when I call a number that just plays early media
back to me.
Instead of hearing the full sequence of tones I hear a short ringing then
part of the sequence. What seems odd is that I can see
the telephone-event/8000 being passed up the chain but when it gets to
Asterisk, it is never sent back to the phone. Instead I just see the usual
RTP flows.

I've been trying to fix this for hours, does anyone have any ideas how to
get this working correctly?

Asterisk version is 13.25.0

The settings I think are relevant (I'm using chan_sip):

(sip.conf)
ignoresdpversion=yes
internal_timing=yes
progressinband=never