[asterisk-users] Asterisk - can't hear other side. Or other side does not hear us

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Feb 27 18:38:29 CST 2019

On Thursday 28 February 2019 at 00:26:17, Ivan Demkovitch wrote:

> Asterisk is NOT exposed to internet, noone connects to Asterisk
> from internet. We use Callcentric for VOIP trunk.

That's the point where you lost me.

Callcentric is out on the Internet.  How does it connect to your Asterisk
server?

> External callers get in via Callcentric.

Right...

> 1. Outside caller calls us but can't hear us. I beleive they talked to their
> phone provider and it works now?

It would be good to know what got changed to make that work.

> 2. We have one caller where EVERY time they call - they can't hear us. They
> just say "ok, call us back". We call back and it works :)

So, they connect in via Callcentric too?  Just the same as Caller 1?

> 3. We have one caller where when we call them - they cannot
> hear us, but we can hear them. They called back - all works.

What is the difference between callers 1, 2 and 3, in terms of how they connect
to your Asterisk server, or how you connect to them?

> I feel like we need to trace SIP protocol. How do I do that? I may get on
> of those callers to work with us on testing.

I would start with something like:

# tshark -i any -f "port 5060" -w "sip.debug.pcap"

and then afterwards look at the pcap file with tshark (tshark -r
"sip.debug.pcap -V") or some SIP tool such as sngrep.

Antony.

--
"It wouldn't be a good idea to talk about him behind his back in front of
him."

 - murble

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.