[asterisk-users] Faxes stopped working - AMI issue?

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Thu Dec 5 09:06:10 CST 2019

On 12/3/19 4:21 PM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> You'd be getting more from AMI than just that. A message comes back when
> you login, another when you actually do the originate, as well as events
> most likely before then. The Asterisk testsuite uses AMI heavily, as do
> others, so I'm confident that AMI itself is working in that regard.
> You'd need to look at your own AMI usage and ensure you are reading from
> the socket and logging out. You could even connect over telnet and do
> the same AMI action for Originate and test that way.

I stumbled upon a message that mentioned that the interface needs two
line feeds before it acts on the commands.  I added that and now I can
connect.  I am still having some issues related to T.38 but at least the
commands are making it to the server now.

Thanks for all the help.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.