[asterisk-users] pjsip endoint woes

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:26:55 CDT 2019

On 4/9/19 12:14 PM, George Joseph wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 9:28 AM sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com
> <mailto:seandarcy2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 4/8/19 6:18 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
>      > On Sat, Apr 6, 2019, at 10:04 AM, sean darcy wrote:
>      >> On 4/5/19 10:36 AM, sean darcy wrote:
>      >>> I'm trying to set up pjsip to work with an obi202 and google
>     voice. But
>      >>> I can't configure the endpoint.
>      >>>
>      >>> pjsip:
>      >>>
>      >>> [obi202-auth](!)
>      >>> type = auth
>      >>> auth_type = userpass
>      >>> password = <mypass>
>      >>>
>      >>> [obi202-aor](!)
>      >>> type = aor
>      >>> max_contacts = 2
>      >>>
>      >>> ; ===== endpoints  ========
>      >>>
>      >>> [gv-voice](obi202-endpoint)
>      >>> auth = gv-voice
>      >>> aors = gv-voice
>      >>> identify_by=auth_username
>      >>> ;identify_by=username ; I also tried this. Same result.
>      >>> context = gv-voice
>      >>>
>      >>> [gv-voice](obi202-auth)
>      >>> username = gv-voice
>      >>>
>      >>> [gv-voice](obi202-aor)
>      >>>

> <snip>
>
>      >>> Any help appreciated.
>      >>>
>      >>> sean
>      >>>
>      >>>
>      >>
>      >> I'm expecting gv-voice to be the "matching endpoint". The INVITE has
>      >> gv-voice as the "Contact:" . Isn't this the "Username" in pjsip
>     "auth" ?
>      >
>      > Nope. The Contact is never considered for that. The From username
>     is what is matched for an endpoint using the "username" option. The
>     authentication username is what is matched for an endpoint using the
>     "auth_username" option but you also need to ensure it is enabled in
>     "endpoint_identifier_order" global option.
>
>     Thanks for the reply.
>
>     auth_username seems to be enabled:
>
>     asterisk*CLI> pjsip show identifiers
>     Identifier Names:
>     name not specified
>     ip
>     username
>     anonymous
>     header
>     auth_username
>
>     Is the order a problem ?
>
>     I set:
>
>     endpoint_identifier_order=auth_username,"name not
>     specified",ip,username,anonymous,header
>
>     restarted. No errors.
>
>     But no effect on the identifier order.
>
>       From obi202 :
>
>     SIP Credentials
>     Parameter Name  Value
>     AuthUserName    gv-voice
>     AuthPassword    password

> [...]

The obi may not be at the same ip address. I use it when I travel.

But this was solved. It was the identifier order.

2 points for anyone with this issue:

"endpoint_identifier_order=" must be in a [global] section, and needs
"type = global" .

Also, pjsip reload won't make the change, you need to restart.

WFM now !

Thanks for all the help.

sean