[asterisk-users] pjsip endoint woes

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Tue Apr 9 11:14:08 CDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 9:28 AM sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/19 6:18 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

<snip>

> >> I'm expecting gv-voice to be the "matching endpoint". The INVITE has
> >> gv-voice as the "Contact:" . Isn't this the "Username" in pjsip "auth" ?
> >
> > Nope. The Contact is never considered for that. The From username is
> what is matched for an endpoint using the "username" option. The
> authentication username is what is matched for an endpoint using the
> "auth_username" option but you also need to ensure it is enabled in
> "endpoint_identifier_order" global option.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> auth_username seems to be enabled:
>
> asterisk*CLI> pjsip show identifiers
> Identifier Names:
> name not specified
> ip
> username
> anonymous
> header
> auth_username
>
> Is the order a problem ?
>
> I set:
>
> endpoint_identifier_order=auth_username,"name not
> specified",ip,username,anonymous,header
>
> restarted. No errors.
>
> But no effect on the identifier order.
>
>  From obi202 :
>
> SIP Credentials
> Parameter Name  Value
> AuthUserName    gv-voice
> AuthPassword    password
>
> >This also requires the endpoint to actually authenticate.
>
> Not sure what this means. Of course, I agree, but how do I make this
> happen?
>
> BTW, this is 16.3.0.
>
> sean

So you're using the obi with 2 itsp accounts, one Google Voice and the
other Asterisk yeah?  Then forwarding calls between them?
Are the credentials defined in the gv-voice auth object also configured in
the obi account that points to Asterisk?  Is the obi registering
successfully to Asterisk?

In this situation it might be better to treat the OBi like an ITSP in
Asterisk.  Instead of using registration and userid/password
authentication, add an "identify" object that matches on the obi's ip
address and points to the gv-voice endpoint...

[gv-voice]
type = identify
match = <obi ip address>/<subnet mask>
endpoint = gv-voice

This way you don't need to set up any auth objects at all and you just need
to set "identify = ip" on the endpoint.