[asterisk-users] AMI potential memory leak which may be causing a crash

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Sun Mar 25 14:35:00 CDT 2018

Unfortunately, upgraded to Asterisk 13.20.0 and we are still seeing strange results in the AMI AsyncAGIExec Result string.  First one for the call is successful.  Later during the same call, it has characters that would be from some ExternalIVR work for this call.

The command initiated was an "asyncagi break" command.  The AGIExecEnd indicates ResultCode 200, Result Success.
However, the AsyncAGIExec's Result header seems to be using a bad data pointer so it's filling it with random characters.
In an example I sent on this initial thread, it was filled with completely random characters.

We are seeing asterisk stop writing data to it's debug log a few seconds before we see socket communication with asterisk stop working.

[03/25 13:11:23.793] DEBUG[1216] manager.c: Examining AMI event:
Event: AsyncAGIExec^M
Privilege: agi,all^M
Channel: SIP/192.168.40.105-0000330b^M
ChannelState: 6^M
ChannelStateDesc: Up^M
CallerIDNum: 1234^M
CallerIDName: <unknown>^M
ConnectedLineNum: <unknown>^M
ConnectedLineName: <unknown>^M
Language: en^M
AccountCode: 11^M
Context: ABC^M
Exten: 3002^M
Uniqueid: 1522001483.13067^M
Linkedid: 1522001483.13067^M
Result: 200%20result%3D0%0A^M
CommandId: C65253^M
^M

[03/25 13:11:30.381] DEBUG[1216] manager.c: Examining AMI event:
Event: AsyncAGIExec^M
Privilege: agi,all^M
Channel: SIP/192.168.40.105-0000330b^M
ChannelState: 6^M
ChannelStateDesc: Up^M
CallerIDNum: 1234^M
CallerIDName: <unknown>^M
ConnectedLineNum: <unknown>^M
ConnectedLineName: <unknown>^M
Language: en^M
AccountCode: 11^M
Context: ABC ^M
Exten: 3002^M
Uniqueid: 1522001483.13067^M
Linkedid: 1522001483.13067^M
Result: O%2Cautoclear%0AA%2Ciss%2Feng%2FEnter_ID_contact%0A^M
CommandId: C65605^M
^M