[asterisk-users] Client Asterisks can't connect when main Asterisk reboot

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Mon Mar 26 03:58:01 CDT 2018

Hi all,

we are running some Asteriks (version 13 on Debian Stretch) as VM/kvm in
datacenter and have trunks with other Asterisk (v1.8 11 or 13) instances
behind FW. Problem we face is that when we reboot the DC Asterisks, the
trunks (SIP or IAX) become alive from DC Asterisks to clients ones but
UNAVAILABLE the other way.

In clients logs we see

Registration for 'XXX at ourDCAsteriks' timed out, trying again (Attempt #5550)

or UNREACHABLE in case of no registration or IAX

Sometimes a restart from client Asterisks is enough (SIP or IAX reload
has no effect) to recover the full trunk, but in most cases we have to
reboot the client server :(

If we use a VPN (OpenVPN) between Asterisks, no problem.

What can be the problem ?

--
Daniel