[asterisk-users] Questions about SIP From, P-Asserted-Id fields and Diversion headers ?

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Tue Jun 5 08:27:03 CDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 3:35 AM Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a long discussion with a friend, I would like to ask here:
>
> 1.According SIP RFCs, is possible/recommended to have different values in
> From and P-Asserted-Id fields ?
> For instance, From field showing 123456789 and P-Asserted-Id showing
> 987654321 (beside privacy considerations) ?

Possible? yes absolutely.  Recommended? who knows?  Implementations are all
over the place.  I've always thought of the From header as identifying the
user agent making the request which kinda agrees with RFC3261.   The PAI
header should contain the identity of the original caller.

> 2. When Bob forwards to Cory a call coming from Alice, would expect
> Diversion/History-Info header to include Alice's number ?

No.  The diversion header shows who the diverter is.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5806

> Best regards
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at:
> https://community.asterisk.org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

George Joseph