[asterisk-users] Questions about SIP From, P-Asserted-Id fields and Diversion headers ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:59:05 CDT 2018

Thank  you very much, George for replying.

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 3:35 AM Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After a long discussion with a friend, I would like to ask here:
>>
>> 1.According SIP RFCs, is possible/recommended to have different values in
>> From and P-Asserted-Id fields ?
>> For instance, From field showing 123456789 and P-Asserted-Id showing
>> 987654321 (beside privacy considerations) ?
>>

> Possible? yes absolutely.

How would you then configure both headers, respectively ?

>From memory, in previous testings, whenever  CALLERID was set to WHATEVER,
P-Asserted-Id was also set to WHATEVER and vice versa, so that I inferred
from this that P-Asserted-Id was meant for Privacy considerations and
nothing else (see [1])

[1]
https://www.voip-info.org/p-asserted-identity-and-remote-party-id-header/