[asterisk-users] pjsip rtp_ipv6=yes but endpoint registered via ipv4 (IP4 contact infor)

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Jan 9 08:03:30 CST 2018

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018, at 10:01 AM, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi Jushua
>
> > The rtp_ipv6 option is not needed, in current versions things will
> > automatically be updated to reflect the signaling. Remove it and give
> > it a try. The option itself actually had the bug that you are seeing.
>
> Ok, commented out rtp_ipv6 in the config and did try again:
>
> IPv6 Registered client.
>
> c=IN IP6 2001:4060:1:4133:204:13ff:fe30:2a80
>
> Reply from *
>
> c=IN IP6 2001:4060:dead:beef::1
>
> IPv4 registered client:
>
> c=IN IP4 157.161.4.172
>
> Reply from *
>
> c=IN IP4 157.161.57.1
>
> Perfect! It didn't occur to me to completely comment out that option as
> I believed it was needed for rtp to work over ipv6.
>
> Thank you for that exceptional quick help.

It used to be required but as part of Asterisk 14 work was done in DNS land (failover to different targets, including between IPv6 and IPv4) and based on discussions I had with other people at SIPit I made it automatic so that media family = signaling family. To keep things better in line and to provide a better experience the change was also done in Asterisk 13.

--
Joshua Colp