[asterisk-users] opus from git : install questions

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 14:15:02 CST 2018

On 13.9.0
https://github.com/traud/asterisk-opus

The README:

Alternatively, you can use the Makefile of this repository to create
just the shared libraries of the modules. That way, you do not have to
(re-) make your whole Asterisk.

The Makefile generates:
codecs/codec_opus_open_source.so
formats/format_ogg_opus_open_source.so
formats/format_vp8.so
res/res_format_attr_opus.so

Without any of the patches the asterisk build generates:

codec_opus.so
format_ogg_opus.so

res_format_attr_opus.so

Questions:

Should the *_opus_open_source.so be in modules with the *opus.so
libraries from the asterisk build ? If not, do I build asterisk without
selecting opus ? If they are in modules, how does asterisk know which
library to use ?

The res_format_attr_opus.so library ?

And another question, to enable PLC do I need to apply the patch even if
I'm installing the libraries directly ?

Thanks for all the work getting opus to work on asterisk.

sen