[asterisk-users] withheld caller id

ka at mayten.sch.bme.hu ka at mayten.sch.bme.hu
Tue Apr 10 03:43:43 CDT 2018

On 2018-04-10 08:46, Atux Atux wrote:
> 9+#31#+destination_number. Unfortunately, zoiper did stop on 9#31# and
> it dialled one of my recent numbers. The same result happened with

haven't used zoiper at all, so can't comment on its features of parsing
numbers.  I'd recommend 'hiding' this function or making it transparent
to the end user by using something like this:

exten =>
_06[237]0NXXXXXX!,100,Dial(SIP/${OUTGOING_PROVIDER}/*31#0036${EXTEN:2},55)

where ${OUTGOING_PROVIDER} is set by a macro previously, and *31# i
believe is the caller ID set visible.  I have used it with #31# as well
but the customer requirements have changed and they now want the number
to be visible at all times.

Because the #31# or *31# is transparent to the end user and won't have
do dial it at all, it doesn't matter if zoiper intercepts digits and
parses them on its own.

If you want the end user to be able to control when the number is
shown/hidden, i'd recommend using either a pefix (90 for hiding, 91 for
showing), or use an SQL backend from where an extensions.conf macro can
fetch the current settings (maybe even profile people).

--
Regards
Adam