[asterisk-users] ASR Suggestions for small dictionnary (<1000 entries) lookup in France/french

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 04:21:29 CDT 2017

Having experimented with something similar myself, I'd say you are
about to create a vast amount of complexity by moving away from keypad
entry.

Also, a lot of the natural language APIs don't support French - for
example, Amazon Lex or https://dialogflow.com would be great for this
as they understand contexts and intents... but they don't understand
French.

But if you pursue ASR, try this:
https://cloud.google.com/speech/
Switch the console to French and see how you get on. In English,
sometimes it turns it into a number, sometimes it comes out as "twenty
five thousand two hundred twelve".

I think you have two choices with ASR:

1: Explain to the caller that they must say one digit at a time, in
which case, easy! Pick any free speech recognition you want.
2: Try and handle "natural language" ways of speaking numbers, in
which case be prepared for a lot of debugging and learning!

I could be wrong - if anyone knows, please let us both know, too!