[asterisk-users] How to supervise a Voicemail box with a BLF button ? What does "State:Unavailable" exactly means ?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 10:58:40 CST 2017

Hello Olivier,

I may be incorrect but I don't believe you can hint on a mailbox like that.

I've always used custom device states and dialplan logic for my shared
voicemail boxes that are not being watched directly by a endpoint natively.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to supervise an existing Voicemail box with a BLF button on
> Debian's asterisk 13.14.1 system.
>
> I mostly found this [1] document.
> I added in a context a line like:
> exten = *7000,hint,MWI:31 at default
>
> With "core show hints", I can read this:
> *7000 at subs          : MWI:31 at default        State:Unavailable
> Presence:not_set         Watchers  1
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Is this "exten = *7000,hint,MWI:31 at default" statement correct ?
> 2. What does "State:Unavailable" exactly means ? To it means "Asterisk is
> unable to find any MWI:31 at default state".
> 3. Which Asterisk version introduced this MWI/BLF/hint feature ? Was it
> supported in 1.6, for instance ?
>

> Best regards
>
> [1] https://community.asterisk.org/t/hint-mwi-help-i-am-not-
> able-to-make-it-works/72112
>
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein