[asterisk-users] How to supervise a Voicemail box with a BLF button ? What does "State:Unavailable" exactly means ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 06:07:30 CST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to supervise an existing Voicemail box with a BLF button on
Debian's asterisk 13.14.1 system.

I mostly found this [1] document.
I added in a context a line like:
exten = *7000,hint,MWI:31 at default

With "core show hints", I can read this:
*7000 at subs          : MWI:31 at default        State:Unavailable
Presence:not_set         Watchers  1

My questions are:

1. Is this "exten = *7000,hint,MWI:31 at default" statement correct ?
2. What does "State:Unavailable" exactly means ? To it means "Asterisk is
unable to find any MWI:31 at default state".
3. Which Asterisk version introduced this MWI/BLF/hint feature ? Was it
supported in 1.6, for instance ?

Best regards

[1]
https://community.asterisk.org/t/hint-mwi-help-i-am-not-able-to-make-it-works/72112