[asterisk-users] Confbridge SFU for Asterisk 15

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.mx
Tue Nov 14 15:47:22 CST 2017

On 11/14/17 3:38 PM, Joshua Colp wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017, at 05:23 PM, Carlos Chavez wrote:
>>       I am trying to get the "Mega Phone" demo working on my office PBX
>> but there seems to be a problem when trying to set the default bridge to
>> sfu mode.  I have the following configuration in confbridge.conf in the
>> default_bridge section: video_mode = sfu but when I do a "confbridge
>> show profile bridge default_bridge" I see:
>>
>> Video Mode:           no video
>>
>>       I can change it to follow_talker, last_marked or first_marked and
>> it does change, it is just the sfu option that does not seem to be
>> valid.  I am using Asterisk 15.1.2 for my testing.  I even tried to
>> force the option via Dialplan:
>>
>> [ Context 'ext' created by 'pbx_config' ]
>>     '1000' =>         1. Answer()
>> [extensions.conf:0]
>>                       2. Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,video_mode)=sfu)
>> [extensions.conf:0]
>>                       3. ConfBridge(guest) [extensions.conf:0]
>>                       4. Hangup() [extensions.conf:0]
>>
>>       But I get no video at all on the conference.
>>
>>       Any ideas?
> The CLI command doesn't have sfu as a mapping right now. Please file an
> issue[1] for that. As for video there's additional configuration that
> you have to do in pjsip.conf in order to allow the streams. I'd suggest
> following the blog post[2] which has known working configuration.
>
> [1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira
> [2]
> http://blogs.asterisk.org/2017/09/20/asterisk-15-multi-stream-media-sfu/

     I followed the blog post and I can get video from the conference if
I configure the bridge as follow_talker so I know everything is working
on the pjsip side.  The only problem is that video_mode = sfu is
apparently not valid in either confbridge.conf or via the dialplan and I
get no video with that option.

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)8116-9161