[asterisk-users] Confbridge SFU for Asterisk 15

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Nov 14 15:38:41 CST 2017

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017, at 05:23 PM, Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I am trying to get the "Mega Phone" demo working on my office PBX
> but there seems to be a problem when trying to set the default bridge to
> sfu mode.  I have the following configuration in confbridge.conf in the
> default_bridge section: video_mode = sfu but when I do a "confbridge
> show profile bridge default_bridge" I see:
>
> Video Mode:           no video
>
>      I can change it to follow_talker, last_marked or first_marked and
> it does change, it is just the sfu option that does not seem to be
> valid.  I am using Asterisk 15.1.2 for my testing.  I even tried to
> force the option via Dialplan:
>
> [ Context 'ext' created by 'pbx_config' ]
>    '1000' =>         1. Answer()
> [extensions.conf:0]
>                      2. Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,video_mode)=sfu)
> [extensions.conf:0]
>                      3. ConfBridge(guest) [extensions.conf:0]
>                      4. Hangup() [extensions.conf:0]
>
>      But I get no video at all on the conference.
>
>      Any ideas?

The CLI command doesn't have sfu as a mapping right now. Please file an
issue[1] for that. As for video there's additional configuration that
you have to do in pjsip.conf in order to allow the streams. I'd suggest
following the blog post[2] which has known working configuration.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira
[2]
http://blogs.asterisk.org/2017/09/20/asterisk-15-multi-stream-media-sfu/

--