[asterisk-users] Using queue priorities to add agents

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Thu May 11 10:44:07 CDT 2017

I have a real ugly queue that has this in it's rules

[mrule]
penaltychange => 20,2,2
penaltychange => 40,3,3
penaltychange => 80,4,4
penaltychange => 120,5,5
penaltychange => 150,6,6
penaltychange => 180,1,1
penaltychange => 200,2,2
penaltychange => 220,3,3
penaltychange => 240,4,4
penaltychange => 260,5,5
penaltychange => 280,6,6
penaltychange => 300,1,1

[myqueue]
member => SIP/100.2,1,Receptionist
member => SIP/101.2,2,Kelli
member => SIP/102.2,2,Traci
member => SIP/103.2,3,Debi
member => SIP/104.2,4,Debbie
member => SIP/105.2,4,Luci
member => SIP/106.2,5,Sheila
member => SIP/107.2,6,Mike

So every 20 seconds it jumps up to the next Penalty and every few minutes
it resets the penalty back down to 1 and starts again.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a scenario that I am failing to implement using the Queue app, but
> which I had thought would be commonplace...
>
> 1) (this bit works fine) I want a queue caller to have access to the basic
> set of agents initially, with an overflow to additional agents if they are
> busy - This is done using penalty:
>
> queues.conf:
> member => SIP/dev1,0,Agent1
> member => SIP/dev2,0,Agent2
> member => SIP/dev3,1,Agent3 is overflow
>
> 2) But, after 60 seconds, I want Agent 3 to be included whether the 1 and
> 2 are busy or not. None of the queuerules options seem to achieve this
> because regardless of which agents are included or not, the penalty used to
> group them is also penalising them.
>
> Help? Is what I want possible?
>
> PS. I did consider hacking the meaning of QUEUE_MIN_PENALTY so that it
> actually increases lower penalties to it's current value, thus putting them
> on an even footing, instead of blocking out agents.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein