[asterisk-users] Need to restart Asterisk if remote server not working?

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat May 6 03:21:16 CDT 2017

Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it> schrieb:

> What was Asterisk doing until you restarted it?  What happened when it
> tried to use the (stale, but now restored) connection?

Just saying, that it was not possible to connect to the remote server...

[May  6 07:26:50] NOTICE[3376] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
'03514977290 at pbxluca' timed out, trying again (Attempt #1769)

> > I think, this should not be normal... Can someone explain me why it
> > happens and what I have to change in the configuration to avoid this
> > problem?
>
> 1. How is your Asterisk server connecting to Deutsche Telekom (SIP, IAX2,
> other...)?

SIP

> 2. How do you authenticate on that connection (password, certificate, IP
> address...)?

Password

> 3. Do you connect to an IP address at Telekom, or to a hostname?

Hostname: tel.t-online.de

> 4. Did the IP address of Telekom's end of the connection change?

I really don't know, but I suppose not

> 5. Did the IP address of your end of the connection change?

No.

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)