[asterisk-users] Need to restart Asterisk if remote server not working?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sat May 6 03:18:01 CDT 2017

On Saturday 06 May 2017 at 08:37:39, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Yesterday Deutsche Telekom had a really big problem and Asterisk couldn't
> connect to the remote Server (by Telekom) until today about 7:30.
>
> Well, it could happen...
> What I find really annoying was that I needed to restart Asterisk as I
> checked with sipsak that the Telekom-Server works...

What was Asterisk doing until you restarted it?  What happened when it tried
to use the (stale, but now restored) connection?

> I think, this should not be normal... Can someone explain me why it happens
> and what I have to change in the configuration to avoid this problem?

1. How is your Asterisk server connecting to Deutsche Telekom (SIP, IAX2,
other...)?

2. How do you authenticate on that connection (password, certificate, IP
address...)?

3. Do you connect to an IP address at Telekom, or to a hostname?

4. Did the IP address of Telekom's end of the connection change?

5. Did the IP address of your end of the connection change?

Antony.

--
"Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."

 - Jan-Piet Mens

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.