[asterisk-users] Need to restart Asterisk if remote server not working?

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat May 6 02:37:39 CDT 2017

Hi list!

Yesterday Deutsche Telekom had a really big problem and Asterisk couldn't
connect to the remote Server (by Telekom) until today about 7:30.

Well, it could happen...
What I find really annoying was that I needed to restart Asterisk as I
checked with sipsak that the Telekom-Server works...

I think, this should not be normal... Can someone explain me why it happens
and what I have to change in the configuration to avoid this problem?

Thanks a lot
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)