[asterisk-users] How to install and configure Dahdi from Debian Stretch repo ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 21 12:01:19 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 05:18:50PM +0100, Steinwendtner wrote:
> Hello Tzafrir,
>
> Am 2017-03-21 um 11:23 schrieb Tzafrir Cohen:
> > On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 09:36:21AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> >
> > I'm still having some questions:
> >
> > 1. I can't find any /etc/init.d/dahdi file in my newly built system so
> > "service dahdi status" (or systemctl status dahdi) fails with:
> > Unit dahdi.service could not be found.
> > Shall I worry about this ?
> > No. As I mentioned, that is meaningless.
> So it is no longer possible to make changes on dahdi parameters
> without rebooting the machine ?

There should be no need for a reboot. Long live your system.

> I think in the early days it was possible something like this:
>
> make a change in /etc/dahdi/system.conf

What kind of change? Technically it would only take running 'dahdi_cfg'
to apply that change. However that may not be enough. Depending on the
specific change.

> asterisk -rx "module unload chan_dahdi.so"
> service dahdi stop
> service dahdi start
> asterisk -rx "module load chan_dahdi.so"

It only got faster. No need to deconfigure anything in Asterisk (This
happens on its own. At least on Asterisk >= 13). No need to unload and
re-load any modules (And why would you? Just to run dahdi_cfg?).

But anyway, if merely running dahdi_cfg is not enough, try:

  dahdi_span_assignment remove
  dahdi_span_assignment add # or: auto

This should also configure DAHDI and register spans with Asterisk
(again: >= 13). If there are still problems with asterisk:

  asterisk -rx "dahdi restart"

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com