[asterisk-users] How to install and configure Dahdi from Debian Stretch repo ?

Steinwendtner steinwendtner at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 11:18:50 CDT 2017

Hello Tzafrir,

Am 2017-03-21 um 11:23 schrieb Tzafrir Cohen:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 09:36:21AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
>
> I'm still having some questions:
>
> 1. I can't find any /etc/init.d/dahdi file in my newly built system so
> "service dahdi status" (or systemctl status dahdi) fails with:
> Unit dahdi.service could not be found.
> Shall I worry about this ?
> No. As I mentioned, that is meaningless.
So it is no longer possible to make changes on dahdi parameters
without rebooting the machine ?

I think in the early days it was possible something like this:

make a change in /etc/dahdi/system.conf
asterisk -rx "module unload chan_dahdi.so"
service dahdi stop
service dahdi start
asterisk -rx "module load chan_dahdi.so"

Regards

Hans