[asterisk-users] Thank you Asterisk community!

Digium's Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Fri Jan 6 12:35:21 CST 2017

With the start of the new year, the Asterisk team wanted to send out a
brief message of thanks to all of our community members who have
participated in the the Asterisk project so far.

Getting Asterisk to where it is would not have been possible without
the support of our community, for bug reports, beta-testing,
documentation and code contributions. For Asterisk 14 alone we had
greater than 1k commits from approximately 91 individual community
contributors! Outside of code commits we had community assistance in
wiki documentation and amazing participation from many members on the
community.asterisk.org site. Not to mention those helpful folks always
on IRC and the mailing lists.

Across the board, Asterisk is a thriving community with many long-time
and brand new members. Businesses that use Asterisk solutions are
saving money and gaining the benefit of Asterisk's vast capabilities.

Products and companies are created based on Asterisk solutions. Tens
of thousands of communication systems of all types depend on Asterisk,
which of course depends on community participation.

No matter how small your contribution has been, you are playing a part
in something big. Thank you for your hard work! We hope you've been
having happy holidays and that you have a happy 2017!

P.S. Let us know how we can help! If you need any assistance in
project participation, don't forget to contact us on IRC at
irc.freenode.net , #asterisk-dev or via E-mail at asteriskteam AT
digium.com.

--
Digium's Asterisk Development Team