[asterisk-users] Issue with handling of 480 DND

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Mon Jan 9 22:02:46 CST 2017

Am 06.01.2017 um 12:07 schrieb Markus Weiler:
> Hi List,
>
> we're calling a sip phone from our Asterisk Server, and try to add logic
> depending on the dialstatus
>
> We tried to figure out what the difference is and think it's how
> Asterisk handles the "480 Do Not Disturb" from the phone
> (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
>
> Is this a bug or a feature? :-) How could we handle this correctly?

I *think* you can parse HANGUPCAUSE to catch that? But really not sure.

Here's a snippet I stole from somewhere to do failover to a 2nd gateway:

exten =>
_something.,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}"="CHANUNAVAIL"|"${DIALSTATUS}"="CONGESTION"|"${HANGUPCAUSE}"="34"]?failover)

Not really sure how or if that works, but googling Asterisk Hangupcause
should get you started?

Good luck.