[asterisk-users] Connection dropped after 15 minutes with Deutsche Telekom

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sun Jan 8 12:47:52 CST 2017

Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de> schrieb:

Hi again!

> The problem: after 15 minutes will the call dropped, but only if the call is
> to another nation! If I just call another phone in Germany, I can speak
> longer than 15 minutes...

After a long work, and with the huge help of Michael Maier, I found the
problem...
I write here the description of the problem and my solution, maybe can this
help someone other having the same problem...

The problem: after a successfully INVITE with the complete list of all
supported Codecs, I receive about 15 minutes after call start, another INVITE
(re-INVITE) from Telekom with __JUST__ one Codec: the one used by the call
(currently: alaw).
My Asterisk sends an "200 OK" with the same Codec and Telekom apparently has
a problem with my answer, since the connection will be closed...

__MY__ solution: I configured Asterisk to use just __ONE__ Codec (alaw) for
the communication with Deutsche Telekom.
Now it seems to work, then I can call Italy and can speak longer than 15
minutes.

I'm really puzzled and can't understand why Telekom has problem with my
answer __JUST__ on calls outside Germany, but that is...

So, if someone other has the same problem, can try with my solution.

Hope to help!

Regards
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)