[asterisk-users] Voicemail asking for login

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Wed Apr 19 13:34:31 CDT 2017

On 2017-04-19 11:57 AM, J Montoya or A J Stiles wrote:
> I fished this out of an old extensions.conf from a defunct project.  It might
> be relevant to your use case:
>
> exten => 1571,1,NoOp(Call to 1571: voicemail retrieval)
> exten => 1571,n,AGI(lookup_caller_id.agi,${CALLERID(num)})
> exten => 1571,n,NoOp(CLID is ${clid})
> exten => 1571,n,VoiceMailMain(${clid},s)

I do something similar using *98.

> The upshot of this was, if you dialled 1571 from your own phone, then you got
> put straight through to your own voicemail, without logging in.

Yes and that works just fine for us.  The problem is that we are trying
to deal with the situation where someone calls themselves from another
phone (internal or external) to pick up their messages.  In every other
case it asks for their password (which is always numeric) and goes into
the VM.  This one extension asks for a mailbox.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.